The default WordPress login page URL (i.e. www.example.com/wp-login.php) is a bit insecure because anybody who uses WordPress can get to your login page and try out the login credentials. So to protect it, you can rename WordPress login page to whatever you want. Example, you can rename it from www.yoursite.com/wp-login.php to www.yoursite.com/login or www.yoursite.com/yourpetname.
RECOMMENDED: Is Your WordPress Blog safe?
To do this you can use a plugin below:
- ‘Rename wp-login.php'(Download Link).
- Download and install
How to run it? :
- Go to Plugins › Add New.
- Search for Rename wp-login.php.
- Look for this plugin, download and activate it.
- The page will redirect you to the settings. Rename wp-login.php there.
- You can change this option anytime you want, just go back to Settings › Permalinks › Rename wp-login.php.
Hurray Now it’s done! Happy Blogging!